Thursday, December 13, 2018

easy 15 minute holiday treat

So I wanted to do a little extra this year instead of just buying presents. I wanted to make my loved ones little tins of sweet treats. I found this recipe on pinterest and I must say it was SUPER DUPER easy to make. Basically, in the post I'm going to tell you how to make it and what I would do differently if I had to make it again. So just P.S. to my family getting these sweet treats -- you got the rough draft haha. It's still so good though! Yes, I could have just bought something from the store, but I wanted to make something myself to make it more personal.

CHRISTMAS BARK


For this easy recipe all you are going to need is white chocolate, lightly salted pistachios, and dried cranberries. The pinterest recipe said that you could use raw pistachios, but I wanted to use lightly salted so this treat could be sweet, salty, and a little sour/tart from the cranberries.

 

First things first, get all your ingredients together and line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, melt your white chocolate and measure out the cranberries and pistachios. I used 1/3 cup of cranberries and 1/4 cup of pistachios.

Disclaimer: I used about 1,000 grams (3 bags) of white chocolate morsels. If I had to make this again, I'd only use 2 bags because the bark ended up being a little thicker than I would have liked. I would have also used 1/3 cup of pistachios instead of 1/4 cup because in the end I wanted more.

  

 

The next step is simple as well. SCATTER THOSE INGREDIENTS!

 

Once you have them all in place, place your masterpiece in the refrigerator to set. I had mine in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, take a knife (I used a butter knife) and separate the bark into as many big or small pieces as you would like. There you have it, your Christmas bark.


Even though there are a few things that I would change if I made this bark again, I am still happy on how they turned out. This was just such an easy addition to the little sweet treat tins I am making. Honestly, I am not even sure if this even took 15 minutes to make because it's literally so so easy. Just make it the night before you need it so it has time to set in the refrigerator. 😊 I hope you guys enjoyed this little post and maybe it will inspire you to get in the kitchen and make your loved ones something homemade as well. These aren't the prettiest looking things but it's the thought that counts, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

@oliviamburgess