Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Christmas Decor 2018



It's finally here - the greatest time of year... Christmas! I got into the Christmas spirit before Halloween. That's fine, right? Let's just blame it on all the stores. They were the ones putting up all the Christmas decorations super early and it just made me excited! I started to stock up on a few decorations here and there. I soon realized I no longer had a few decorations... I had a lot. I figured I could go a little crazy with the decorating because why not! It makes me happy and makes my apartment feel homey.

I've been hitting up Target, Hobby Lobby, At Home, and the Dollar Store like crazy, buying things that are on sale or reasonably priced. I was collecting everything in the trunk of my car and then it just got to be a little full. One day while I was off, I spent 5-6 hours decorating the apartment. I wanted to surprise Austin. Last year, it maybe took me 1-2 hours to decorate. As I continue to build my decor stash, it'll become an all day event then to a multiple days event and I honestly can't wait.


Eventually, when I have a house and kids I want to decorate the outside and inside like a mad woman. I want to be that house that people drive by to enjoy the decorations. I want my kids' friends to love coming over because they feel like they are in a Christmas Wonderland or the North Pole. Christmas is such a lovely time of year - full of family, traditions, and happiness. I want to be able to show all of those amazing qualities through home decor.

I have already started buying presents; however, none have been wrapped. I'm excited to get them ready and place them under the tree. I am really hoping that Knox and Beau don't tear them to shreds. 😅 Buying presents is probably the most stressful part of Christmas, other than finding time to see everyone because I have such an odd work schedule. I usually start making my present list MONTHS in advance so I will already know what to buy people. I am actually almost finished with my present shopping which is exciting as well.

So what was the whole point in this blog post?
1. To show off my decorations - I'm kind of obsessed with my Christmas decor and set up and I wanted to show ya! Maybe it could inspire you with your own home decor.
2. To create a timeline - Every year I want to look back on past Christmas decorations and see how my stash has grown and how I have grown. This is only the second Christmas living on my own and I want to document my evolution of Christmas decorations.
3. To get in the holiday mood - When I worked in retail, it was a little hard getting in the holiday mood because Christmas would fly by. Looking at my Christmas decorations everyday (and blasting Christmas music everyday) is really giving me that holiday cheer. I am super excited about this year, I hope this Christmas will be one of the greatest Christmas' ever!

     
     
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

@oliviamburgess